Overview of 2020 Operations
The City of Marysville has developed a plan for opening the Municipal Pool safely, in adherence with all state-mandated guidelines. Recommendations and guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have also been incorporated into this plan to protect the health and safety of both pool patrons and employees.
Our current circumstances call for patience and adaptability as we prepare for the pool opening with several changes to the facilities operations and policies. Key changes related to the 2020 pool season are listed below. Additional information and updates will be provided as necessary.
The new maximum number of people allowed in the pool facility at one time is 200. Due to the capacity limitations, the Municipal Pool will be open to residents of Union County and those who work within the City of Marysville.
Real-time occupancy data is available on the Pool Counter Dashboard. Patrons are encouraged to check the occupancy status prior to visiting the pool.
Location & Hours of Operation
The Marysville Municipal Pool is located at 510 Park Avenue. The Municipal Pool phone number is (937) 645-7377.
Open Daily: 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm (Season pass holders can enter from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm every day. Union County residents or those who work within the City of Marysville will be allowed daily admission beginning at 1:00 pm. Without clearing the pool, season pass holders will have priority entry every day from 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm. At all times, entry into the pool will be dependent upon capacity limitations.)
- Patrons are required to wear face masks when entering and exiting the pool facility.
- Patrons must answer health questions related to COVID-19 as part of the admission process.
- Season Pass holders are permitted to bring guests for daily admission so long as they are in the same family.
- Daily admission is restricted to Marysville and Union County residents only and anyone who works within the City of Marysville.
- Proof of residency or employment is required (Drivers License, Student ID, Employee ID, utility bill, etc).
- All patrons (including spectators/non-swimmers) are required to pay pool admission due to capacity restrictions.
- Guests under the age of 15 must be accompanied by a Parent/Guardian.
- Every minor age 15 and older must complete and sign the Minor Pool Guest Responsibility Form prior to entry into the pool. Note: Forms are available at the pool.
- It is required that all patrons wear face masks whenever social distancing cannot be maintained (entering and exiting the facility, restrooms, concession area, etc.).
- No swimming or gathering in groups of more than 10.
- Do not gather in groups of different households.
- Swimmers must use social distancing and maintain at least 6 feet between individuals of different households.
- Social Distancing Markers will be used to enforce social distancing where lines form, crowds gather or the flow of people needs to be managed.
- Social Distancing Markers will be used to designate areas for patrons to place belongings (i.e. towels, bags, chairs).
- Physical barriers or visual cues will be installed both in the water and one the deck to safely distance patrons.
- Safety shields will be utilized as a barrier between staff and patrons in areas like check-in and concessions.
- Deck seating will NOT be provided. Guest are permitted to bring their own chairs.
- Showers will be closed until further notice.
- Pool waterslide will be closed until further notice.
In order to ensure the safety of all of our visitors, the City of Marysville will operate under the following guidelines pertaining to inclement weather:
- When lightning or thunder is seen or heard, the pool will be cleared for 30 minutes. After each recurrence of thunder or lightning, the 30 minute rest period will restart
- If the thunderstorms are persistent, the pool manager will close the pool
- If persistent thunderstorms result in pool closure:
- During morning swim lessons: the pool manager will re-evaluate the weather at 12:00 pm and determine if it is safe to open
- During open swim from noon to 3:30 pm: the pool manager will re-evaluate the weather at 4:00 pm and determine if it is safe to open
- During open swim after 4:00 pm: the pool manager will re-evaluate the weather at 6:00 pm and determine if it is safe to open
- During open swim after 6:00 pm- the pool will be closed for the remainder of the evening
- If the air temperature drops below 70 degrees and the skies are overcast and/or raining, the pool office will open for information and membership sales only from 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 pm The weather will be re-evaluated at 2:00 pm and the guidelines for thunderstorms (as listed above) will be followed