Past Due Tax Returns & Balances

The City of Marysville is a mandatory filing city. Mandatory filing means all residents are required to file a local tax return for any year or years resided within city limits, including partial years.

Do you have past years for which you need to file tax returns?

If so, the Income Tax Division may be able to assist. The City of Marysville offers free tax preparation assistance for individuals (NOTE: we are unable to assist anyone who has filed schedules or K-1s with their federal tax return beginning with year 2016). If you are unable to locate your W-2's or 1099's this information can be obtained from the IRS by requesting a copy of your "wage and income transcript" for the respective years. You can place this request by calling the IRS at (800) 908-9946. Additional information can be found on the IRS website.

Do you have a balance due?

If you have a balance due, please call the Income Tax Division at (937) 645-7350, option 4 or stop in and talk with an income tax clerk. If balances are not paid in a timely manner, actions may be taken. The actions may include turning your account over to a collection agency and/or filing a complaint against you in court. Once a complaint is filed, you will have a limited time to pay the balance before a judgment is obtained. Once a judgment is granted, the City will proceed with collecting the judgment which could include garnishment of your paychecks/bank accounts and a lien recorded against your home/property. In order to avoid garnishment and other legal actions, contact the Income Tax Division to discuss your options.